thanks for the info Valkman! Thanks Dr. Evil! I am about 3 hours in now. Only problem I have so far is the instructions are only in the PC which is in a different room from my workspace. Oh well! This is soooo exciting! At first I was like WTF sooo many packages! I soon realized how exciting opening each little package is! It's like a million presents!
HK 450 pro
Tarot 450 pro v2 FBL
1. The main bearings have a knub on the end that is supposed to fit into the frame, they do not and I do not want to force them in and break the frame. Do I just get a small file and open the hole a bit?
2. The directions do not show placing the 3rd bearing. Does it go the same way up as the other two?
3. Where at in the tail shaft is the bearing supposed to sit? I am guessing the middle and if so does anyone have tips on getting it in there?
4. What is the best method of measuring the length of the pushrods? Caliper?
5. In the bag with the tail boom supports there is a bar that looks like the flybar but is shorter....unless I used the wrong one for the flybar lol. It is bare metal and has threaded ends. Also with it the is a piece of what looks like a small black straw but long and narrow. What are these 2 objects for?
Thank you for the help guys!
HK 450 pro
Tarot 450 pro v2 FBL
My kit was ARTF so I just stripped and rebuilt everything but I will help as much as I can in case you want to get moving...
1....As far as I know you may have to slightly file the hole. It will file easily as its carbon. I have read most people do this. While you are at it slightly sand all the sharp edges so they won't cut into any wires that will be over them.
2 Yes the same way. The instructions are more than likey for the ALign which has only two bearing blocks.
3 Yes in the middle. Use the tube that the torque tube came in to puch it in there.
4 Yes a caliper or micro meter. Very important. You can pick them up for less than 15 us.You can also use this to make sure you flybar then your paddles are dead center.
5 That sounds like your tail push rod for connecting you tail servo to the tail lever. Its ok to use but make sure the rod guides are not loose. Most, like me, have done away with it. I just made one up from an old carbon rod/links and holders I had lying around. Hope this helps buddy.....
Align 450, Hughes 500 Army/Chaos 500, Chaos 600 stretched to 700 AP rig
1. I didn't need to sand mine, the main metal bearing block tabs inserted into the frames fine but if you need to do it as Valkman described. 2. Correct, same way. 3. Correct again...use that long clear plastic tube to push into the center area of the boom. TIP "grease/lube that rubber bearing bushing for easy insert". 4. Correct. 5. The newer version kits now comes with the old "metal" tail push rod along with the carbon one as well. Most ppl are using the carbon but its your choice so it not another flybar..LOL (flybar is a bit thicker)...so make sure the one your using as a flybar is thicker b/c the metal pushrod is thinner. As for the blk. plastic straw, it's for the old school FM antenna wire but I am sure you're probably using a 2.4 digital radio. For some reason if your not, the antenna wire is meant to be inserted into the straw and then placed through the little loops on your landing skids.
Awesome! Thanks guys! I am going to go pick up some mini files and a caliper and get to work...will post some pics later! oh and I did have the flybar switched around lmao! It fits soo much better now!
Last Edit: Feb 10, 2012 10:31:37 GMT -4 by chitty024
HK 450 pro
Tarot 450 pro v2 FBL
1. The manual shows some kind of triangle shaped spacer for the servo that screws in and then you mount the servo to it, all i have are rectangle pieces.
2. Are there directions for mounting all of the electronics and preferred locations anywhere?
3. How tight do I make the main blades and tail blades?
1. The rectangle ones are the ones you use in the Chaos kits. 2. Just follow the Trex 600esp manual and you should be fine. 3. Not so tight that when you hold up the heli on it's side the blade can't fall on its own.
tommy158: these look very cool !!!! nobody took the plunge yet ? seems like a decent deal for 749. !!!!!
Sept 2, 2013 14:24:52 GMT -4
tommy158: I am talking about the innova 600 combo kit at rc aerodyne
Sept 2, 2013 14:36:03 GMT -4
Dr. Evil: Hey Tommy, yeah...agreed. I am sure plenty of ppl has already picked up this heli but probably hasn't join the lounge to talk about it. We may find posts on other forums about it I am sure.....
Sept 5, 2013 8:09:04 GMT -4
doconeheli2: For sale: chaos FBL 700E . If interested, send a pm. Offer me a price on it. There is no electronics or motor. Just airframe and many spare parts. Lynx upgrades. Can send pics.
Sept 16, 2013 11:54:26 GMT -4
Dr. Evil: Whats new Lounge members???
Oct 28, 2013 8:31:49 GMT -4
allspunup: Just stopping in to say hello! Flew the sim for the first time in months today. Hope everyone is well! Up to 419 members!! That's awesome guys!
Nov 3, 2013 17:16:29 GMT -4
Dr. Evil: @ allspunup, hey bro....long time! Glad you stopped by, it has been awhile for sure.....don't be a stranger!
Nov 4, 2013 8:23:14 GMT -4
Dr. Evil: Happy Thanksgivings everyone!
Nov 27, 2013 18:53:26 GMT -4
Dr. Evil: It's starting to look alot like Christmas...everywhere you fly! Whats everyone's plan for the holidays?
Dec 19, 2013 19:06:47 GMT -4
Jonathan Ott: I started a thread, but anyone know the status of the Chaos 700V2?
Dec 22, 2013 12:45:26 GMT -4
giby1: Hi Guys & Gals,
Mar 1, 2014 17:26:49 GMT -4
giby1: New guy here. Kind of new to heli's amd the electrics still throw me. Just ordered a Chaos 600 witha BO-105 for fuselage. Just wondering if there are any other "Old Farts" out there. Probably will be asking for all kinds of help with this project.
Mar 1, 2014 17:31:00 GMT -4
giby1: Have been into fixed wing for about 20 yrs and just decided I needed a challenge/ Got what I wished for. Have a Great one. Giby1
Mar 1, 2014 17:33:27 GMT -4
Dr. Evil: Welcome giby1
Mar 3, 2014 14:14:07 GMT -4
git er done: Hello to all chaos 600 e t/t owners, any one know what main and auto rotation gears are interchangeable with align, I would like to go with the new upgraded main and auto gears by align
Mar 17, 2014 16:40:26 GMT -4
Dr. Evil: git er done, you should post this question in the "Chaos 600" threads. I don't think too many ppl looks at this section. As far as your question goes, are you asking if the Trex main/auto gears will fit the Chaos?
Mar 19, 2014 10:08:35 GMT -4
seaviper: <--new guy. Happy to be aboard.
Jun 11, 2014 10:38:31 GMT -4